Ladies and Gentlemen I am half way done with being pregnant!!
The average baby (ours not included) is measuring 6.5" from crown to rump, or 10" from head to toe, and weighing 10.6 oz. Our big boy was this size 2 1/2 weeks ago! =)This week...
Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you'd like your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch. (I am going to need to start eating better! Otherwise, he is going to be craving... bagels and cream cheese, pizzas, cottage cheese and peaches, brown sugar oatmeal, blueberry yogurt, ruffles chips and southwest ranch dip, etc. haha what a combination!)
From this week on they say your average weight gain should be approximately 1 lb per week...YIKES!!! Even more motivation to start eating better!
Here is what is new in my world of pregnancy...
Round ligament pains!!!!! I have been having these so called "Round ligament pains for a couple of weeks now. It is a pain that basically I can describe as a charlie horse to your tummy on one side or the other. It usually just lasts a couple of seconds and happens after changing positions quickly, coughing, sneezing etc. Up until last night I used to hope I would go into labor in the middle of the night- because I am such a sound sleeper I thought I would sleep through a few hours of early, "easy," contractions and wake up being further progressed than if I was awake through it all. (For those of you who have been through labor you might be laughing at my wishful thinking!) However...This morning I woke up to this new intensity of round ligament pain. The problem was I was hitting snooze and turning back over to get more sleep. Every... single.... time.... I would roll over I had horrible charlie horse tummy pains that lasted about 30 seconds. I had to breath through the pain not to wake Charlie. It was almost humorous...minus all the pain! I decided that those little charlie horse tummy pains are probably 1/100 of the real amount of pain I will have during labor and that I probably won't be sleeping through it even if it does start in the middle of the night! haha! I am hoping that this morning was a one time thing....I cannot be going through that every morning!
I am definitely looking more and more pregnant these days and less and less like I have been eating a dozen donuts a day! Still can't decide if I like people commenting on my tummy or not. People are either REALLY noticing or not noticing at all...I kind of wish there was a little in between! Here are a few examples...
Yesterday at work I caught my co-worker, Tracye, "thinking" during our conversation. While she was thinking it appeared she was staring at my bump. So I said hey...quit staring at my belly! She responded with a couple of comments about me being paranoid and that no one can tell and that she wasn't looking at my tummy she was just thinking! Literally 2 minutes later, my wonderful friend Tammy walks past me and screams out "OH MY GOODNESS!! I SAW YOU TWO DAYS AGO AND LOOK AT YOUR BELLY!! YOU ARE GROWING SO FAST!" hahahah I just looked at Tracye and said...Paranoid eyyy???? hahaha
The day before at small group we were paired with a new couple joining our group as prayer buddies. We started of with our prayer requests for our baby and mama and the guy responded with "Your pregnant?? How far along are you?? You look great!! When do you start showing????" (I was thinking in my head "You WONDERFUL MAN!!")...until his wife chimed in with..."she IS showing look at her little baby bump." UGH. haha
I am just torn with do I want people to comment or just leave it be! haha... Bless all of you who are having to deal with me and my hormones.
The baby is moving like crazy. I just love love love feeling him squirm and kick! I can lay down and just look at my tummy moving and grooving it is so wonderful! The baby really loves to listen to music! It is a sure fire way to get him to kick for someone! Other than feeling overweight and the palest I have ever been...I am LOVING being pregnant! It is such a joy and something I know will not last long so I am trying to enjoy it while I can! I already know I will miss not being pregnant and not being able to feel my little guy kicking! I know he will be wonderful on the outside too- but it is just so much fun it being the two of us for now! =)
Happy Friday I hope everyone has a wonderful wonderful weekend! We are volunteering at a boys camp this weekend painting a couple of murals that Charlie himself designed. Will post pictures and details of that soon! LOVE YOU ALL!!




1 comments:
That's so funny about the mixed opinions! I've pretty much only seen you in scrubs which are way too baggy to tell! I wouldn't be worried either way, you look great and are healthy and just where you should be! Can't believe you are half-way there! We will continue to pray for you and your little man's health. We've loved getting to know ya'll, it's surely been a blessing!
Post a Comment