Monday, October 12, 2009

19 Weeks

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! His brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom. His arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. His kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on his scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming that protects his delicate skin from the amniotic fluid.


You have probably already felt those little feet kicking by now.

The Prayer for this week is for his foundation and feet. "Make level paths for your feet and take only ways that are firm." Proverbs 4:26.

Lord, may this be a week that I feel my baby kick me. his feet are getting stronger, and he is learning how to use them. What a miracle.

I pray that you will bless my child's feet, Father. I pray that you will grant him firm footing as he walks through life. It says in the book of Psalms that those who love your Word will have great peace, and nothing will make them stumble. I pray that you would instill in my child a love for your Word and keep him from stumbling all of his days.

Will you help me establish a firm foundation for him- a home and family that are solid and sure? Will you help him make good choices and avoid disastrous mistakes? Will you keep him off the slippery slope and lead him on firm, level paths?

Those tiny feet will grow bigger and bigger with each passing year. Please keep them moving in the right direction.

In Jesus Name,
Amen.

Sorry I haven't posted updates for awhile. My mom came in town last week and we have been running around shopping for Baby Boy Howlett ever since! It was a great trip. The little man already has half a closet full of clothes. =) I also am not sure of what information to post. As of our last doctors visit the little or should I say big man was double the size he should have been. Two weeks ago he was already bigger than this mango! =) He was supposed to be 5" in length and 5oz, but he was over 10" and 9oz. He was three weeks bigger than he should be. We are having another ultrasound at 28 weeks to see if he is still ahead of schedule. I told the doctor she can move my due date forward...but definitely not backwards! =)

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday!

0 comments: