Monday, August 23, 2010

6 months!


Tomorrow our little guy will be 6 months old!!!!! What a crazy mix of emotions I have about this birthday!

On one hand...I am THRILLED that he is 6 months old because I have made it to my goal of breastfeeding for the entire time!!! (Cue the streamers, confetti, and party horns!!!) It has been a love/hate relationship with breastfeeding. I have missed family vacations, nights out with friends, etc. but... I have loved the bond and knowing he is getting the absolute best nutrition possible and for free! Not sure where I go from here. Part of me is done and ready to start him on formula and the other part wants to continue for another 6 months (I told you it was a love/hate relationship) I think I will take it day by day and see how it goes. So incredibly excited that I have made it 6 months!

On the other hand...I am sad how quickly our little boy is growing up! I cannot believe our precious newborn baby is SIX MONTHS OLD???? He is rolling over..and over...and over, he has two teeth, and he is starting to sit up! It doesn't seem possible that he can be that old! What a joy is has been to watch him grow through each month! He is changing right before my eyes. He is always so happy and it has been such a blessing to be his mommy!

Thank you to everyone for all your love, support, and encouragement these last six months! Charlie and I have learned so much and have loved every second of being parents. There have been sacrifices, failures, triumphs and miracles and we are so blessed to have had each of you praying and supporting us along the way!

1 comments:

Joanna said...

Sweet 6 month old!!! Get's cuter by the day! :)