.jpg)
.jpg)
The new refrigerator is IN! I almost feel like when we walk into the kitchen and open those new beautiful stainless steel doors a choir should chime in singing "HALLELUJAH...HALLELUJAH...HALLELUJAH!!!" It is so perfect for our kitchen and I am just so happy to have it!
On the Friday before Labor Day we decided to have a garage sale starting at 8am Saturday morning. Even though it was last minute, we are definitely good under pressure! We had all our "junk" out on the driveway by 7:30 when our first shoppers arrived. We had people in and out between 7:30 a.m. and 12 noon, and in just a little over 4 hours we had made close to $650.o0! We sold our old refrigerator too so without wasting a minute we hoped in the car and drove to Dallas. I drove as Charlie arranged to pick up the U-Haul. It was about an hour and 15 minute drive from our house to the place where our b-e-a-utiful refrigerator was. However, the drive back in a 14 foot u-haul was a little bit longer. Charlie received two radio stations and drove about 50 mph singing out loud to himself. =)
Once we got home we were too excited to wait for back-up, so we figured we could move it in by ourselves...after all it was only 4 steps and a few doorways until we were home-free!!!
4 hours.... 3 chunks missing to some doorways.... and a removal of two refrigerator doors later.... we had made it to the kitchen. As we were sliding the new addition to the household into place something happened....IT DIDN'T FIT!
I have been searching high and low for THIS specific refrigerator and had measure the dimensions I don't know how many times....and still... IT DIDN'T FIT?!?!?!
Turns out I had forgotten to take into account the small ledge of our countertops that hangs over the side of our cabinets...making our b-e-a-utiful refrigerator not fit by about 1/8 of an inch.
Personally, I felt as though I was either going to pass out or throw up! After all this planning, searching, money making, U-Haul driving, and unprofessional moving of a 350 lbs appliance I was not going to accept that it would not fit by such a tiny fraction of an inch. After I pulled it together I had decided we would just go to Home Depot and buy a chain-saw and cut that portion of our countertops off! After all... I don't like them and there is no way they would keep me from the refrigerator of my dreams!
Luckily for the countertops, I noticed a small plastic corner piece to the back corners of the refrigerator...BINGO! We could just remove those and then it would fit! And fit it did!!!! It has practically a built in look. The fit is so close that you cannot even fit a piece of paper between our countertops and the refrigerator! We probably will never be able to get the refrigerator out of that space- but hey- I will cross that bridge when we need to! For now...it is in and working great! It looks great and I am so excited for how much transformation we have made in that kitchen from the day we moved in- up until now!.jpg)
Looking back on that fun filled day of garage sales and refrigerator moving I am thankful! It is a great memory that Charlie and I have laughing through it all! (even when the refrigerator was lodged between a doorway!) Thank you to my sweet husband for putting up with me through all the begging and pleading for a new refrigerator and for helping me raise the money to actually get one! Thank you for working out... so you could actually carry the majority of the weight of the refrigerator (everyone who knows me probably can imagine how MUCH help I was lifting a 350 lbs refrigerator through tiny spaces!) Thank you for being a plumber for a day in order to hook our 1940's water valve into a 2008 ice maker (the ice dropping in the refrigerator door is music to my hears!) =) I love you!!!!
Ash
Thursday, September 4, 2008
The New Fridge!
Posted by Ashleigh Howlett at 4:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
We LOVE the new fridge and ICE you are in the big league now!! I would have thrown up then gotten the chain saw :>)
What are you saving for next? BTW.. we are very proud of the way you two save and then buy...very smart!!! That will serve you well in the years to come. :)
Post a Comment