Friday, June 3, 2011

Bittersweet Day...



A year ago I was finishing up my maternity leave and dreading the thought of putting Harrison in daycare. The day before Harrison was supposed to start daycare I do not think I stopped crying. I wanted to stay home and take care of him. It was the most difficult thing I have had to do as a mom. I did not want a total stranger to take care of my baby. I wanted to stay home with him and teach him everything he knows and to never miss a milestone. It has definitely been a year of growth for our whole family. That total stranger that I had to leave my baby with a year ago is Amanda, and she has been one of our greatest blessings this year. She is now our babysitter that we rely on at least once a week. Harrison adores her and so do we. Today, we said goodbye to her as a teacher, but not as a friend or babysitter. Today, our baby boy spent his last day in the infant class in daycare. The class that I so dreaded to take him to a year ago, I wish the he could stay in forever. It is definitely a bittersweet day. I know he is growing up. He is a toddler now and needs to be in a toddler class where he can continue to learn to walk, talk and explore. I cannot help but think that just a short year ago my baby couldn't even roll over and now he is all over the place!!

It is definitely hard being a working mom. (Luckily, I have a wonderful schedule and only have to put Harrison in daycare 2 days a week.) I have still missed milestones, and I cannot say that Charlie and I have taught him everything he knows. There are positives though- I get to share the little boy I love with other children and other adults. I get some adult time and being away from him makes me appreciate the time I do have with him even more. I love seeing him interact with others and seeing him blossom on his own. I have to say that I could not be happier with the daycare that we chose and the Lord could not have blessed us any more than He did when he gave us our two teachers.

Every year brings so much change when they are this little. I am sure next year I will be looking back and thinking how little he was and I will be saying how sad I am for him to leave the toddlers class. Today however, is definitely a bittersweet day. Looking back we have definitely grown this past year- I am growing as a person, as a mother, and as a wife and my baby is growing into a little boy.....bittersweet.

A year ago before daycare....


after daycare...

(I think he slept for about 4.5 hours straight and it was only a half day of daycare! Poor baby hah!)
LOVE LOVE LOVE my baby boy to pieces!!!!

0 comments: