Thursday, November 4, 2010

Feeling old....



About 15 years ago my dad brought home a BRAND NEW...buick. lol He was so proud of that grandpa car. I however was so embarrassed. It was a work car so it was very practical and I am sure a very nice car- however, to me it was a grandpa car. My parents assured me I would like the car a little more when I saw what it could do. We all went out to the garage and hopped in the car.

They started up the car and said "radio ON" ...the radio came on!
They said "Radio OFF"...and the radio went OFF!?!?!
They said "volume UP" ...and the volume went up!
They said "volume DOWN" ....and the volume went down!

Not only did it now voice command but it also know hand gestures. My mom would wave her hand in a downward motion in front of the radio and the volume would go down. She would wave her hand in an upward motion and the volume would go up....WHAT!?!?!? HOW COOL!!!!!

I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT! THIS WAS THE COOLEST CAR EVER!!

After about 20 minutes in the car with us all playing with the radio and the different voice commands and hand gestures I couldn't WAIT to show all if my friends!!!

I am not sure who actually started this with me...my mom or my dad...but I can tell you the two of them had a blast with this for about a month.............................

Ever heard of controls on the steering wheel!?!!?!?!? Well...........

I had not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the first car I had ever been in with controls on the steering wheel. SO- every time I had a friend over we had to go play in the car...and mom or dad would come with us! I always wanted to us to drive the "buick" so that I could play with the radio! It wasn't until one friend caught on that my mom or dad was actually controlling everything on the steering wheel. I couldn't believe it. I had been tricked...and I had shown so many friends! The car instantly wasn't so cool anymore and I couldn't believe my parents had tricked me for so long!

Well..........Harrison will probably never know a car without voice control....The future is here....my parents creative trick is reality.... steering wheel controls will be a thing of the past....I will tell Harrison this story when he is older and he will probably laugh at the old timey cars and all of their controls. I had a birthday two days ago and I wasn't feeling older until I saw this commercial last night and thought of this story....Now I am feeling old. Lol thought I would share this fun memory and the fun new technology....Now I want a Ford Edge!! =)

1 comments:

Mom said...

Oh honey, what a cool memory. We did have fun with that! Even Aunt Barbara was fooled and told all her friends about our cool car! LOL !