Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Catching Up!



Friday we celebrated Halloween! This was a HUGE deal for us! I really am usually not a big fan about this particular holiday- but Charlie convinced me (for the second time in six years) to dress up and go out this year! I was a scarecrow....I know very original....and Charlie was Luigi! Awkward combination??? This is why Nick was Mario! I had a great time picking out my costume right down to the little details! There is a crow on the top of my hat (it was a dove until Charlie spray painted him black hahah)

We answered the door to a few trick-or-treaters and then headed out to the party! Believe it or not there were 6 other people dressed up like Mario/Luigi and only one other scarecrow! The party was very fun and we got to see a lot of people from Charlie's work! We headed home around midnight to go to bed fairly early for Saturdays event....

VOLUNTEERING!

Our church has pledge to a single community to help them out for the next 5 years!!! Saturday was the last day for the fall serving and our small group was put to work!

We were able to choose from around 15 different options of things to do around the community. Anything from yard work, to decorating, to grocery shopping, to painting....but we knew right away what God wanted us to do! A mural painting!!! And why not- we had an artist!!!! We went to Church around 8:30 where they served us a wonderful breakfast and prayed over us. Then we headed out to a "Tot's Haven" which is where they needed a mural in their cafeteria. Someone had already sketched out what we were supposed to paint on the walls so all we had to do was put some color to their sketches.....if only it were that simple right?!?!? All eyes were on Charlie. Where do we start? Who should do what? Charlie stepped up to the plate and served as a wonderful leader for all of us. He was even recruited to sketch bouncing balls in their playroom by the directer herself!

The mural turned out great! It is a large watermelon on one wall and either a pineapple or a bunch of bananas on the other (you tell me! We just followed the sketches hahah) It was a lot of fun to volunteer and a great time with our small group-which I LOVE!

I encourage all of you to volunteer in an area that truly could use your God given talents and time! It was such a wonderful feeling to know we could make a difference!





Sunday (MY BIRTHDAY!) we woke up early and headed to Canton!!!! MY FAVORITE!! We spent the entire day shopping and finding lots of fun Christmas presents for everyone! Charlie was such a great sport! We had a BLAST! It was so fun to come home and look at all the bargains we got! I would share them with you...but about 90% of them are Christmas presents...so you will just have to wait! =)

Monday Charlie took off of work! This is the ONLY thing I told him I wanted from him for my birthday! We had so much fun! We woke up and had bagels at Einsteins (my FAVORITE!), went appliance shopping, had day at the spa =), played at the dog park, ate ice cream at Marble Slab (My Favorite!!) and watched "Facing the Giants." It was such an amazing AMAZING day!!! Thanks so much to everyone for helping make my birthday EXTRA EXTRA special! I love you all!

Sorry I got so behind on all of my blogging! I WON'T let it happen AGAIN!!! =)

0 comments: