My good friend from work, Rebecca, was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis on Thursday and Charlie's good friend from home, Kevin, is leaving for Afganistan today! We both cannot stop thinking of what their lives are like and what they must be going through. Charlie spent the day talking back and forth with Kevin and I spent the day with Rebecca. Rebecca and I talked about living life to the fullest and with no regrets! Sometimes it truly takes something to awaken you to realize how precious each day is. What if today were your last? Did you live it the way you would have wanted? Do you feel like your life is complete the way you are living it? Are you doing things you love every day? Multiple Sclerosis is a disease of the unknown. It will not take her life, but it can debilitate her. Her life was flipped upside down in one day and with a few simple words of her diagnosis...but that is just how quickly life can change. One minute you can be living a fairy tale, and the next you can be living a nightmare and wishing someone would pinch you! This is something, as a nurse, I see every day! Just hits a little closer to home when it is someone you are close to! I love you all and just wanted to reflect some thoughts.......When I think about my life- I couldn't ask for anything more! I am healthy, happy, married to my soulmate, doing something I love for a living, and trying to make even the smallest difference in people's every day! I am truly blessed and thankful for every day!!! Sometimes is it nice to remember how blessed we truly are!!!
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Life
Posted by Ashleigh Howlett at 7:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Hey Ash-
I am so sorry about Rebecca. Devin & I will keep her and Kevin in our prayers. I was touched by your message. I miss you!! Love ya-Court
Post a Comment